Course Overview of MCR3U Functions and Relations Grade 11
This course introduces the mathematical concept for function by extending students’ experiences with linear and quadratic relations supported with awesome FREE, YouTube Videos by Anil Kumar. Students will investigate properties of functions and relations, including trigonometric and exponential functions; represent them numerically, algebraically, and graphically; solve problems involving applications; investigate inverse functions; and develop strategy in determining equivalent algebraic expressions. Students will reason mathematically and communicate their thinking effectively as they solve multi-step challenging problems. Discrete functions relating to sequences, series, Pascal’s Triangle and Binomial Expansion will be supported by NEW approach extending the course for the IB students. Examination practice questions involving sequences and series, higher algebra and trigonometry will provide confidence and advantage over peers.
Ontario curriculum for MCR3U will be followed. Reference Anil Kumar videos and past test papers will be shared for best performance.
By the end of this course, students will get ready for the advanced functions and calculus.
Characteristics of Functions Value Addition with FREE Videos
- demonstrate basic understanding, their representations, and their inverses, and make connections between the algebraic and graphical representations using transformations;
- determine the zeros and the maximum or minimum of equations, and solve problems involving multiple equations, including problems arising from real-world applications;
- demonstrate an understanding of equivalence as it relates to simplifying polynomial, radical, and rational expressions
Exploit Exponential Expressions, Transformation & Graph Connection
- evaluate powers with rational exponents, simplify expressions containing exponents, and describe properties of exponential functions represented in a variety of ways;
- make connections between the numeric, graphical, and algebraic representations of exponential functions;
- identify and represent exponential functions, and solve problems involving exponential functions, including problems arising from real-world applications
Trigonometric Ratio Expressions & Equations made Simple
- determine the values of the trigonometric ratios for angles less than; prove simple trigonometric identities; and solve problems using the primary trigonometric ratios, the sine law, and the cosine law;
- demonstrate an understanding of periodic relationships and sinusoidal functions, and make connections between the numeric, graphical, and algebraic representations of sinusoidal functions;
- identify and represent sinusoidal functions, and solve problems involving sinusoidal functions, including problems arising from real-world applications.
Discrete Functions: Exploit Sequences and Series, Pascal’s Triangle and Binomial Theorem
- demonstrate an understanding of recursive sequences, represent recursive sequences in a variety of ways, and make connections to Pascal’s triangle;
- demonstrate an understanding of the relationships involved in arithmetic and geometric sequences and series, and solve related problems;
- make connections between sequences, series, and financial applications, and solve problems involving compound interest and ordinary annuities.
- master sequences and series, compound interest and annuities, Pascal’s Triangle and Binomial Theorem applications
Extended Learning Providing Best Results
- Connect the learning to apply in different situations and get ready for advanced functions (MHF4U)
- Practice from challenge and difficult application questions from previous test papers
- Apply strategies to model real life situation
Prerequisite for Better Foundation
Principles of Mathematics, Grade 10, Academic (MPM2D)
Reference for Ontario Curriculum
Pricing: Also Check the Best Offer
- Monthly cost of the course is given for individual one-to-one sessions. There will be 8 classes per month. Flexible scheduled will be mutually discussed.
- Group classes are sometimes offered. You may check the website for Popular Group Math Programs.
- Fast Track program is available on request. We can prepare the students for an exam in limited time. You may fill the Registration Form and discuss the possibilities.
Policy for Refund of Registration Fees.
Students can drop in the first 30 minutes of the class and take the full refund. The class will then start after a break of 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes. No refund for the course will be given if the student continues to attend the first class beyond half-time.
How do we teach and is it worth taking the course?
You are the best person to answer this question. Internet is full of knowledge and there are many options open for you. Explore and then decide. We have provided links for few videos related to this course. They may help you to take a decision in our favour.
Check the list of Sample Videos to get an idea about our classes.
- Algebraic Expressions Video
- Solve Word Problems Video
- MPM2D Linear Systems Video
- Strategy to Factor Trinomials with Big Numbers Video
- Apply Quadratic Formula to Solve Equation Video
- Rational Expressions Isolate Variable
- Understand Joint Variation Constant Video
- Graph and Solve Inequalities Test-1
- Graph and Solve Inequalities Test-2
- Quadratic Function Characteristics Video
- Completing Squares with Application Video
- Complete Squares to Solve Quadratic Equations Video
- Find Image Axis and Vertex Video
- Factoring Quadratic Application Video
- Sketch Parabola Using Partial Factoring Video
- Find Vertex Video
- Four Methods to Find Vertex of Quadratic Equation Video
- Square and Solve Application Thinking Test Examples Video
- Four Methods to Find Vertex of Quadratic Equation or Parabola Video
- Strategies to Graph Quadratic Relations Video
- Strategies to Graph Quadratic Relations Intercept Vertex Video
- Sketch Graph of Parabola from Vertex Form of Quadratic Equation Video
- Evaluate Exponents Basic Mathematics List Video
- Negate Rational Exponents Video
- Evaluate Radical Exponents Video
- Negative Rational Exponents Video
- Calculate Nested Square Roots Video
- Evaluate numbers with Decimal Exponents without calculator Video
- Video Past Quiz on Exponents Algebra
- Rational and Integers Video
- SAT Exponent Practice Questions Video
- Exponential Bacteria Growth MCR3 Video
- Find the Doubling Time of Exponential Growth Video
- Investment Growth Exponential Function Video
- Application of Exponential Decay Video
- Carbon Dating an Application of Exponential Decay to Find Age Video
- Modelling Height of Ball as an Exponential Function Video
- Ratio of Population Exponentially growing in Duration Video
- Develop Exponential Model Video
- Geometric series Application Video
- Exponential Decay of Cobolt with Given Half Life Video
- Exponential Functions Percent Growth with Logarithms MCR3U Video
- SERIES AND SIGMA NOTATION
- ARITHMETIC AND GEOMETRIC SERIES
- INFINITE GEOMETRIC SERIES
- Arithmetic Sequence & Series Test-1
- Arithmetic Sequence and Series Test-2
- Exam Style
- HSC Quiz
- INFINITE GEOMETRIC SERIES
- Mixed Trigonometry Word Problem
- Parent Functions Worksheet
- Practice Test Rational Functions Test