- Discuss with Anil Kumar for monthly plan. Share your curriculum and course material along with objectives to study from us. Parents permission is required for all students under the age of 18 years to join our courses.
- Grade 6 New Ontario Curriculum Extended to Bridge the Gaps
- Build Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Develop Infographics and Strategy to Solve Real-Life Problems
- Future Ready to be Competent and Successful including EQAO 6
- Eager to learn. Age is not the criteria. We can find the right plan for you.
Junior Math Olympiad Mathematics International Competitions
Students will get ready for Middle school as some extended algebraic skill will be part of our focus. They will relate concepts of decimals, ratios, rates, percent, exponents, combined with simple interest to solve real life problems and take informed decision financially. The course will be extended to include permutation combination with extensive probability examples. It help in preparing student for Junior Math Olympiad.
Reference videos are provided for basic support. For additional guidance contact Anil Kumar.
SOCIAL EMOTIONAL SKILLS: Engaging Minds Creatively is our approach to support learning of math concepts to be future ready. It is integral part of every transferable skill and can help students to build confidence and overcome anxiety.
NUMBERS: Whole numbers and Rational Numbers
- Represent, compose, decompose and relate them in various ways to communicate
- Understand equivalent fractions and solve problems based on improper fractions and mixed numbers
- Visualize product with 0.1, 0.01 and estimate sums and difference of decimal numbers
- Represent equivalent fractions, ratios and rates
- Relate fractions, decimals and percent
- Pythagorean Theorem and Applications
ALGEBRA: Concept of variables and their applications
- Demonstrate an understanding of variables, expressions, equations and inequalities, and apply this understanding in solving real life situations
- Model situations and apply skills learned to find strategic solutions
- Unitary Method for Problem Solving
- UMCL approach for problem solving
- Ratio, Rate, Percent, Exponents and Word Problems
DATA: Manage, analyse, and use data to communicate effectively
- Understand various sampling techniques and concept of bias
- Organise raw data to represent in different graphical forms and interpret logically
- Visualize and read information from the given picture
- Identify, describe, extend, create, and make predictions about linear and non-linear patterns
PROBABILITY: Chance of Events and Outcome
- Find theoretical and experimental probability
- Use fractions and decimals to express probability
- Make predictions based of probability experiment or events analysed
- Describe likelihood of that events and use that information to make prediction
SPATIAL SENSE: GEOMETRIC REASONING
- Properties of 2 dimensional shapes and three dimensional objects
- Translations, Reflection and Rotation in Cartesian Plane
- Construction of angles, parallel/perpendicular lines, triangles and quadrilaterals
- Drawing Front, Side and Top View of Three dimensional objects
- Describe and represent shape, position, and transition by geometric properties and spatial relationships
SPATIAL SENSE: MEASUREMENTS
- Estimate measurements using Metric System
- Measurement of mass, length, time, capacity, and surface area
- Compare angles and solve related problems
- Construct Angles using protractor and scale
- Area and Perimeter of two-dimensional shapes
- Calculate surface area of objects by drawing nets
FINANCIAL LITERACY: Appreciate value of money and apply mathematical concepts to think critically about it
- Relate value of coins as Fractions of dollar and estimate amounts in different situations
- Work with percent change, discount, profit word problems
- Understand power of saving by calculating interest earned
- Apply the concept of percent and ratio to solve economy-based problems
PROJECT & ASSIGNMENT: Apply skills acquired to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving
- Optimization of material cost.
- Model objects and explore nets
- Research on related topic and presentation will be part of the evaluation to encourage communication skills
- Provide a financial savings plan to prepare Junior Math Olympiad
Engage students build a foundation in Maths to be future ready and successful.
- Sound knowledge of number operations
- Times-tables up to 10
- Understand basic about fraction addition
- Take a Quiz LINK: MIDDLE SCHOOL QUIZ
- Monthly cost of the course is given for individual one-to-one sessions. There will be 4 classes per month. Flexible scheduled will be mutually discussed.
- Group classes are sometimes offered. You may check the website for Popular Group Math Programs.
- Fast Track program is available on request. We can prepare the students for an exam in limited time. You may fill the Registration Form and discuss the possibilities.
Policy for Refund of Registration Fees.
Students can drop in the first 30 minutes of the class and take the full refund. The class will then start after a break of 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes. No refund for the course will be given if the student continues to attend the first class beyond half-time.
How do we teach and is it worth taking the course ‘Junior Math Olympiad’?
You are the best person to answer this question. Internet is full of knowledge and there are many options open for you. Explore and then decide. We have provided links for few videos related to this course. They may help you to take a decision in our favour.
Check the list of Sample Videos to get an idea about the classes