Probability and Statistics Course Overview
Major topics: Counting principles, permutation, combination, Venn diagrams, binomial expansion, probability and statistics. Measure of spread and data analysis with box-and-whisker plots. Calculation for Variance and Standard deviation. Random distribution, binomial distribution and normal distribution.
The course will help students to apply the mathematical principles in real-life situations dealing with large set of data. It is based on Ontario curriculum for Grade 12 students taking MDM4U with additional topics required by the IB SL Grade 11 Math students. Videos of Anil Kumar are included for reference and extra help. Online classes will help students to understand and apply the concepts effectively. Questions from the past International test papers will be discussed to improve creative thinking and problem solving skills. At the end of the course students will:
- apply methods for organizing and analyzing large amounts of information
- calculate and relate important parameters like standard deviation and variance to the given context
- understand techniques and logic for counting possible arrangements in variety of applications
- solve problems involving probability and statistics
- relate concepts and techniques to probability distribution and statistical calculations.
This course is very useful for students to take university programs in economics, business, social science and humanities.
Prerequisite: Grade 11 Functions
- Monthly cost of the course is given for individual one-to-one sessions. There will be 8 classes per month. Flexible scheduled will be mutually discussed.
- Group classes are sometimes offered. You may check the website for Popular Group Math Programs.
- Fast Track program is available on request. We can prepare the students for an exam in limited time. You may fill the Registration Form and discuss the possibilities.
Policy for Refund of Registration Fees.
Students can drop in the first 30 minutes of the class and take the full refund. The class will then start after a break of 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes. No refund for the course will be given if the student continues to attend the first class beyond half-time.
How do we teach and is it worth taking the course?
You are the best person to answer this question. Internet is full of knowledge and there are many options open for you. Explore and then decide. We have provided links for few videos related to this course. They may help you to take a decision in our favour.
- Permutation 1 h Complete Lesson Preview 60 min
- Permutation and Combination Assignment Preview 19 min
- Extended Binomial Expansion Edexcel Year 13 Preview 40 min
- Binomial Probability Distribution Preview 53 min
- GCSE Box and Whisker Plot Interpretation Preview 17 min
- TEST: Permutation and Counting Principles Preview 28 min
- Sets and Venn Diagrams IB SL Math Preview 70 min
- Sets and Subsets Lesson
- Video 1 : Set and Subsets
- Worksheet Venn Diagram Practice
- Video Combinatorics Concepts
- Video Factorial Notation and Permutation
- Permutation and Combinations
- Video 2 : Permutation Complete Concept
- Video 3 : Factorial Notation Exam Practice
- Quiz Multiple Choice
- Past Test Questions
- Probability Basic Concept
- Mutually Exclusive Events
- Independent Events
- Dependent Events & Conditional Probability
- Probability of Cards Game
- Unit Test: Probability
- Video 1 : Properties of Probability
- Video 2 : Properties of Probability
- Video 3 : Properties of Probability
- Video 4 : Properties of Probability
- 501 PROPERTIES OF PROBABILITY
- 502 PROBABILITY USTNG COUNTTNG TECHNTQUES
- 503 MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE EVENTS
- 504 INDEPENDENT EVENTS
- 505 DEPENDENT EVENTS & CONDITIONAL PROBABLITY