- Simplify Polynomial Expressions
- Solve Linear Equations
- Factor Quadratic Equations
- Foundation Program with 100s of Examples and 1000+ practice questions
- Evaluation based on Class participation, test, quiz, assignment, and project
Overview PreCalculus Part 1
Foundation for higher level mathematics including Calculus. This course introduces the mathematical concept of the function by extending students’ experiences with linear and quadratic relations. They will represent functions numerically, algebraically, and graphically; solve problems involving applications of functions; and develop strategies to solve inequalities. Students will reason mathematically and communicate their thinking as they solve multi-step problems.
Ontario curriculum for MHF4U is followed as it is a prerequisite for PreCalculus MCV4U.
- 8 Classes of 60 min each
- 7 pm ET, Monday
- Start 28 Feb 2022
- End 19 April 2022
Module 1 provides the topic for the 8 lessons. Contents of the lesson will be flexible depending on the students enrolled. Video recording of the class will be uploaded in 24 hours for students to review. Students can submit their suggestions and rate the lesson as comments on this video. Practice questions along with quiz or test will be shared with students during the class when applicable.
- Monthly cost of the course is given for individual one-to-one sessions. There will be 8 classes per month. Flexible scheduled will be mutually discussed.
- Group classes are sometimes offered. You may check the website for Popular Group Math Programs.
- Fast Track program is available on request. We can prepare the students for an exam in limited time. You may fill the Registration Form and discuss the possibilities.
Policy for Refund of Registration Fees.
Students can drop in the first 30 minutes of the class and take the full refund. The class will then start after a break of 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes. No refund for the course will be given if the student continues to attend the first class beyond half-time.
How do we teach and is it worth taking the course ‘PreCalculus Part 1’?
You are the best person to answer this question. Internet is full of knowledge and there are many options open for you. Explore and then decide. We have provided links for few videos related to this course. They may help you to take a decision in our favour.
Check the list of Sample Videos included after the Module 1 to get an idea about the learnings
- Wk1: Functions and Relations
- Wk2: Function Notation
- Wk3: Interval Notation and Inequalities
- Wk4: Parent Functions Characteristics
- Wk5: Asymptotes and Graph of Functions
- Wk6: Absolute Function
- Wk7: Piecewise Functions
- Wk8: Composite Functions
- WORKSHEET: 100 Questions
- QUIZ: 50 Questions
- TEST: 10 Questions
- PROJECT: 1
- GROUP ACTIVITY: 1
- PRESENTATION: 1
- Advance Functions MHF4U
- Functions and Relations
- Function Notations Test
- Interval Notation and Inequalities
- Parent Functions Characteristics
- Transformation of Function
- Reciprocal Functions (Asymptotes)
- Piecewise Functions
- Absolute Functions Extended
- Rational Functions Applications
- Composite Functions Edexcel
- Functions QUIZ Video
- Senior Math UK Challenge