- Basic arithmetic skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Knowing times-tables up to 10 will be an asset.
Junior Olympiad Foundation Overview
Junior Olympiad Foundation enables students to play with numbers and connect them to normal activities in life. Numbers on board games, clock, calendar, road-sign, price-tags, currency, etc., will now be source of information which can be processed to plan activities and take informed decisions.
- The module enables students to play with numbers and connect them to normal activities in life. Numbers on board-game, calendar, road-sign, price-tags, currency, etc., will now be a source of information which can be processed to plan activities and take informed decisions.
- Students will learn techniques to collect, organize, display, and analyze data. They will apply the learning in solving problems related to real life.
- Course will include project and/or assignment to encourage social and collaborative skills
- Research on related topic and presentation will be part of the evaluation to encourage communication skills
- Group Class Regular: Weekly one hour class for 8 weeks as described in this course
- Fast Track Individual Class: 4 classes of 1 hour each as advertised.
- Fast Track Group Class: 4 classes of 1 hour each during 14 – 18 March Break.
- Fast Track classes will require students to work independently on worksheets/assignments and projects on the same day. It is an intense program where students will need to put in regular time after the class.
- Related videos are provided as additional resource for the students to learn. Recording of the class will be shared with the students a day after the class to review.
Junior Olympiad Foundation Objectives
Engage students build foundation in mathematics to be future ready and successful. Important concepts relating numbers, patterns and visual analysis helps students to understand better and apply the skills learned effectively.
- basic arithmetic skills of 2-digit addition/subtraction
- times table up to 10 will be an asset
If you can see the spark, we can explore endless possibilities
Check the schedule for the group classes.
NOTE: Fast Whizzkid Venture Series is also available for individual students. Contact Anil Kumar.
Curriculum provides the framework for the lessons. Contents will be flexible depending of the group of students in the class. Sample related videos provides an idea about the contents.
Policy for Refund of Registration Fees.
Students can drop in the first 30 minutes of the class and take the full refund. The class will then start after a break of 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes. No refund for the course will be given if the student continue to attend the first class beyond half-time.
How do we teach and is it worth taking the course?
You are the best person to answer this question. Internet is full of knowledge and there are many options open for you. Explore and then decide. We have provided links for few videos related to this course. They may help you to take a decision in our favour.
Check the list of Sample Related Videos after the curriculum to get an idea about our classes.
- Week 1 Zoom Class
- Wk1: Numbers Connecting Games and Rewards
- Wk2: Attributes and Venn Diagram Sorting Techniques
- Wk3: Data Collection and Display in Multiple Forms
- Wk4: Data Interpretation and Story Telling PROJECT
- Wk5: Clock, Map and Calendar ACTIVITY
- Wk6: Research to Plan Family Holiday CRITICAL THINKING
- Wk7: Group Discussions and Presentation COMMUNICATION
- Wk8: Working Backwards PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- WORKSHEET: 100 Questions
- QUIZ: 50 Questions
- TEST: 10 Questions
- PROJECT: 1
- GROUP ACTIVITY: 1
- PRESENTATION: 1
- Numbers Connecting Games and Rewards
- Attributes and Venn Diagram Sorting Techniques Preview 0 min
- 3D Shapes and Attributes
- Data Collection and Display in Multiple Forms
- Data Interpretation
- Word Problems: Real Life Situation
- Problem Solving and Modelling
- Project: Real Life Application
- Exam Style Test Questions
- EQAO Grade 3
Commercial Design & Fit
Dantata & Sawoe Construction Company Nigeria Limited
Buying Best Wood Office Chairs
Thinking A Good Interior Design School Around The Internet?